Friday, January 27, 2012

"Marriage isn't just sex, it's conversation and laughter."


While I'm sure there are many people who may not agree with what is said in this video, I think it makes some great points. There are so many misconceptions about marriage in general. I often wonder how many people go into marriage believing it will be a fairy tale. It's what Disney movies and romantic chick flicks teach us. A damsel in distress, saved by a prince, riding off into the sunset happily ever after. I have never heard of a troubled relationship being solved by getting married. Saying your "I do"s is nothing to take lightly. Marriage and love is a commitment you make over again every single second of every single day. What happens at the alter is just one moment of your life. It's the years that follow that make a marriage.
"It's not the love that sustains the promise, it's the promise that sustains the love."

No comments:

Post a Comment