Saturday, June 2, 2012

Well I have been missing for good reason.. I have finally made it back to Camp Pendleton! Home sweet home!!! I have the house, have groceries in the fridge, just got the internet all set up, the place is filled with boxes and stuff is everywhere! I am very happy to be back home.
The only thing left is my wonderful husband.
The trip across country went very well. I was bit nervous about driving across country during Memorial Day weekend. I usually stick to driving during the week to avoid traffic and such. But it went off without a hitch. This is also the first time that I really took the time to stop and see some sights. Well worth it! It is amazing what you can find in some of these small towns across our wonderful country. This is just the tip of the iceberg!


These trees were in the Deming Museum in Deming, Texas. The museum covered a wide array of history but this was my favorite part. The tags covering these trees were placed by visitors either commemorating a fallen veteran or celebrating a currently serving military member.



A beautiful view of the Texas sunlight right after driving through my first dust storm.



I have officially been to The Center of the World!! A very odd stop, but someone somewhere decided that Felicity, Ca is the center of the world. There are long granite walls etched full of world history. A very hot trip in the middle of the desert!


A stop off at the Desert View Tower in California. Amazing to see the difference between the east and west coast. 

Now it's just a waiting game for the husband to arrive home. As deployments and homecoming always go, the end always seems never ending. The very long drawn out wait for that first hug make every day seem like an entire week. I can't wait to have our family whole again.

No comments:

Post a Comment